6 January 2010

Happy word book

It is Ava's 1st birthday next week, instead of a birthday card I have made a HAPPY birthday book.

I started off with a blank grey board word book from Bo Bunny


First I covered each letter front and back with DCWV papers from Nana's nursery stack for girls, inked the edges in pink chalk.

Doodled around the edges of each word on the back and front with a black fine liner added a few embellies and ribbons.

On the 'H' one birthday candle, crown, flower and Ava in silver glitter letters.

For the 'A' I stuck a Bo Bunny sticker on a piece of card to strengthen cut out close to the edge and mounted on some green contrast card and cut leaving a border mounted on 3mm foam pads decorated with a few punched flowers added 3 little organza ribbons and threaded some Bo Bunny spotted ribbon through a button slider.


'P' is for princess...




and the next 'P' a picture of Ava in her Halloween costume a black swirl with one of my favourite Viva pearl pens. Ava loves looking at books and our photo albums she always laughs when looking at pictures of herself.

and 'Y' completes my 'HAPPY' birthday book




Now to make a gift box for my book and a birthday cake...

Thanks for looking, keep safe and warm.

13 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! What a lovely gift for her 1st birthday. Ava is sooo cute x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lynne this is fantastic! This is such a lovely keepsake.
    Thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog about my card in Craft Stamper.
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Lynne instead of a card! Ava will love it and it will be something she can save xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne, veru cute album! So lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally stunning - must have taken forever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh a beautiful gift for a beautiful little princess!!! She will love it!! Good luck with the cake!!! lol dodn't forget the pictures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Lynne and the papers are beautiful just like Ava.This will be lovely for her to keep and look at in years to come. No doubt she will have a few more in the future.Hugs Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love it, a keepsake for ever, hope to see you next week x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Georgeous. A lovely gift for a beautiful little girl. I'm sure she will treasure it. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous - that will go right in her keepsake box I'm sure!
    Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's super Lynne. She's definitely a princess!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Lynne your book is stunning. I love the papers you have chosen. What a wonderful keepsake. Ava will just love it when she's older. Well Done. Hope you all have a lovely get together tomorrow. Sending Ava lots of hugs & kisses for her special day. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to call by my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I would love to hear your comments. Happy crafting and sewing. Love and hugs Lynne xox