14 October 2010

Bird house gift box

Good morning all. Hope you are all well and missing out on the bugs that start going round it this time of the year. Well, it has been a busy little week here at the Craft Den in Sheffield. Lots of yummy new stash arriving daily ad some fun filled craft classes.

We had a great class last night chatting, laughing and we managed to get some crafting done too! lol Thanks ladies for another great evening. We made this lovely little bird house gift box


What do you think? Cute isn't it? Just the right size for a Tilda, so might add one later..


We cut out our base template in white cardstock, scored, folded and covered with patterned papers added a bit of weathered wood DI here and there.
Cut a Sixxiz fence on the Big Shot, punched some foliage mmm think it needs a few little blooms...

Cut a roof, punched roof tiles with an EK Success arch punch, which I have christened the 'fruit slice' that is what it reminds me of! I know I'm crazy, Crazy Crafter. Any way the fruit slice makes great roof tiles and you will be seeing a lot more of this little punch as it is a little beauty, love it.
Thank you all for your lovely kind comments about my ribbon weave cushion, and thank you to those of you who have emailed to say you have not been able to leave comments, I have altered some of the blogger settings so may be you will be able to later, who know??
I have not forgotten about our Halloween blog candy, just life gets in the way some time. I could do with another six hours a day and even another day in the week, perhaps..3 day weekend to give me chance to catch up.
While I get the blog candy sorted you could put your thinking caps on to guess what Ava's Halloween costume is this year.

9 comments:

  1. Had a great night as always love the little bird house just need to put the finishing touches to it!!! See you later for scrapbooking Love Chanelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gutted again, missed a fab class, love the birdhouse, so cute. perfect for Tilda. Can't wait for class tonight, and seeing all the new stash. Love Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely GORGEOUS Lynne..xx
    oOooh, wish I was nearer.. I knew I shouldn't have looked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Lynne a great time had by all,and the gift box is fabulous. Can't wait till next week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I think Ava peeping out of the whole would be fab....great house....or fill it with goodies for Ava..Enjoy your weekend with her

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a good laugh and a brill class will be making some more see you later x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a great class Lynne, loved it. I am just finding the right Tilda for my bird house!!!

    Love Kerry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous gift box!! Must get down to see you again soon, life "nearly" back to normal(whatever that is haha!) XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to call by my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I would love to hear your comments. Happy crafting and sewing. Love and hugs Lynne xox