7 May 2009

Last nights canvas class

Putting the gesso on the canvas turned out to be rather a messy job, for some more than others. lol
Although last nights class were a messy lot they were all very camera shy! So while the cleaning up was going on I managed to take this picture.


After all the cleaning up was done and the canvases had been put to one side to dry we set about making our tiles. The tiles we are using are a mixture of stampboard, greyboard and fragments. Alcohol ink was used to colour the stampboard and fragments followed by stamping. The greyboard tiles were painted with dabbers and then stamped these will then be triple embossed. We only have a two hour class on a Wednesday evening so the canvas is being made over two weeks. We do try and fit a lot into our craft evening and we certainly cover a lot of new techniques.



5 comments:

  1. Had a great night!! Can't wait while next week to finish it off. See you later for a Blonde Moments night xxx (I have them all the time) lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo the tiles look lovely. I am looking forward to seeing them finished next week. Wish I lived nearer! Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a fab class Lynne !

    hope to see the finish results soon !

    hope your ok lynne - will speak soon my lovely !

    love maddy xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, they look fab Lynne! have a wonderful weekend hun, love Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to say I only found your site today and it’s really cool. You’ve been very busy and have so many good ideas. Your designs are gorgeous. I write a London based crafty e-zine and blog named Extremely Crafty Ideas at http://extremelycrafty.blogspot.com/ Would love to hear what you think. I’m planning on featuring card making in an upcoming issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to call by my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I would love to hear your comments. Happy crafting and sewing. Love and hugs Lynne xox