For several weeks now I have not been able to blog as I would have liked to. I have either been unable to load pictures, edit posts or even leave anyone any comments. Today all seems well, up to now anyway, so fingers crossed and here goes!! So I am going to load as many pics as possible that I have been taking while experiencing these problems so I will apologies in advance for the length of this post! LOL So make a cuppa first!!
My layout from 2 weeks ago, papers from Basic Grey Wisteria range. Lots of punched and shaped flowers with gold liquid pearl centres, some doodling around the letters and tag. I am in the middle of an album for my sister-in-law, Doreen and this is one of the pages. Doreen's daughter Joanne gave birth to premature twins last year. The photograph is Joanne and Dave in hospital with their two bundles of Joy, Maya and Jasper.
In last weeks card making class we made background papers and toppers using distress ink pads and water. To prepare the background take some white card add some broken china using cut and dry foam add a small amount of blue jeans here and there. Spray rubber stamp lightly with water and stamp onto prepared background. Leave for a few seconds until you can see the water lifting the colour and then lightly press a piece of kitchen roll to take off excess water. Dry rubber stamp and stamp over the top with blue Stazon. Creates a great effect, don't you think? a rather frosty snowy look.
same technique again this time I have used a couple of snowflake stamps and added stickles and a few die cut snowflakes using the new Spellbinder snowflake dies and add some silver card candy for centres.
For a more vintage look I have still started off with white card added some old paper distress ink using cut and dry foam, a small amount of tea dye and finished off with frayed burlap around the sides and edges stamped using the water technique and over stamped with Timber Brown Stazon. This one is my favourite
For this one I have used old paper and a small amount of tea dye and stamped with black Stazon a lot lighter as I have not added frayed burlap
As promised pictures of the ATC's received so far:
Whoops sorry, this one wants to lie down!! lol
A few pictures of some wedding cards I have been busy making for orders. The cards are A4 in size and have matching boxes, I have used 12x12 papers. The first one is Sandylion cream roses I have used some cream ribbon, gold trim and highlighted the edges of the roses with stickles
the second is also made with Sandylion paper this one is white with a silver foil design I have also added silver trims and white ribbon with a silver edge.
We had a little helper in the studio last Saturday, my beautiful Grand-daughter Ava. Ava has not got the hang of stamping yet so she sat knocking two wood mounted rubber stamps together, and enjoyed every minute of it!! lol
Look at that fabulous hair style!
I did warn you it was gong to be a long post, so fingers crossed that blogger keeps working!! :-)So now I am off to make a cuppa. Isn't technology great when it works!! lol