15 June 2012

Once Upon a Springtime Icon


The rain may have stopped but it is still very, very cold not at all like June, we've got the heating on. Think it might be a indoor crafting weekend.


 I was asked to decorated this little wooden icon for a present. I started by painting the back, sides and edges with acrylic paint in a soft peach and left to dry. I cut three strips of paper from a Once upon a Springtime 8 x 8 Graphic 45 paper stack to fit the 3 panels. The pictures are just the right size. I added lots of Stickles to the fairies in crystal, tiara and waterfall, rubbed Viva Decor Inka Gold in Old Gold on all the edges and finished of with a small bling flourish cut in half . My customer loved it, hope her Mum does too.



Happy crafting Lynne

4 comments:

  1. stunning - love it - raining here too - and Em running tomorrow - guess she will get wet - and me!
    Have a good weekend
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful Lynne, what a fantastic idea for a present. Your customer has one lucky Mum to receive this. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynne that is absolutely gorgeous - I love the fairy tale feel of it - awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne the pictures really dont do it justice its so perfect and such beautiful colours and detail! Chanelle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to call by my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I would love to hear your comments. Happy crafting and sewing. Love and hugs Lynne xox