26 December 2008

Gone in a flash!!

Hope you have all had a good Christmas and Santa brought you lots of goodies. All that planning and preparation, over and gone with a blink of the eye!! We had a lovely family Christmas at home. Still no news on the baby front, if she is anything like her Dad she will be late!! Ben was 5 days late. For those of you who have emailed and text about news on my expected Granddaughter, thank you and believe me you will all know when there is any news!! LOL

In the mean time to keep me out of mischief I have been doing some crafting, decorating a mdf box.
Spray box lightly all over with chosen Glimmer Mist I used Vintage Pink. Dry with heat gun, repeat process until desired effect is achieved, this is only a base covering so only a light colour is required. Lay large scroll glimmer screen over lid of box and spray lightly again with vintage pink glimmer mist.



Lightly pat the screen with kitchen paper, remove screen and dry with heat tool.

Reposition screen and lightly spray again. Repeating this process a couple more times and then spray lightly with Starfish for added depth.

This picture does not show the beautiful shimmer finish. I am now going to add some embellishment. So watch this space! LOL.

Materials used: Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Pink, Starfish & Glimmer Screens Fanciful Stencils. Blank box to be decorated, I used a mdf stationary box from the studio, it is just the right size for C6 cards/notelets and envelopes.

2 comments:

  1. I have a blog directory and think your blog would be an excellent addition to our list. If you would like your blog listed for free please visit the list here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished product, already looks really lovely, it's right what you say though the finished effects look alot better than they do in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to call by my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I would love to hear your comments. Happy crafting and sewing. Love and hugs Lynne xox