15 December 2010

Hello, It's been a long time...

Good morning to all my crafting buddies, sorry I have been missing for soooo long, over a week! My modem has been acting up for a while now. Last Tuesday I spoke with 3 people on the phone which took up 4 hours of my precious crafting time, got 3 different suggested solutions, none of which were any good........ on Thursday I spoke with a tech guy called Graham and he agreed with me a new modem was required...that is in the post somewhere, fingers crossed it arrives today. I've managed to get online this morning with the old modem so this will be a short post.

I have been very busy crafting some of which I can't show until after the big day, but I will share a birthday card with you this morning, I made it for Ann Flutterbycrafter

The card is 8 x8 I used 7 Gypsies 8 x 8 papers T!ms stamps and a wide assortment embellishments.

I stamped the papers and some card stock to make embellishments with. Covered a chipboard bird inked the edges, embossed the acetate layer held on with a brad for the eye half a stamped clock face for the wing finished off with a crown.


This card has many layers of paper, webbing, gaffer tape stamped images....

I also decorated the inside of the card, made a pocket with tag. The tag was decorated unfortunately I forgot to take a pic. I really enjoyed making this card for Ann, it has been a long time since I got to sit and really have a good play, hopefully I won't have to wait till we get snowed in again! lol Although looking at this weeks weather forecast maybe it won't be that long..


Hopefully our new modem will arrive today fingers crossed then we will get caught up with a few things around here.
Take care and happy crafting Love Lynne xx

9 comments:

  1. I have seen this card in real life and it is soooooooooo fantastic. You can spend ages looking at all the different embellishments. It is truly a work of art.
    Have a lovely Christmas and a Happy New Year
    Love Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything that Pat has said, it really is a most beautiful card, so much work and so many different embellishments, the tag is gorgeous too, beautiful colours. Thank you very much, I shall treasure it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, I love all the layers and embellishments, my kind of card. Beautiful creation. Tracy Evans x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is wonderful and so ann. i nearly missed it love it x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne, love all the detail of this card, looks great!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynne the card is absolutely gorgeous - so many layers - I love the 8 x 8 cards they give you so much space to play with!

    Hope you are ready for the festivities

    Hugs

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  7. That card needs framing afterwards. Something to look at for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card. It must have taken you so long, but I see from the comments it was very well appreciated. xoxo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Lynne. Looks like you had great fun making this card.
    Hope you are having a lovely Christmas. Best Wishes for the New Year. Love Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to call by my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit. I would love to hear your comments. Happy crafting and sewing. Love and hugs Lynne xox